Gilcrease Museum Safe Start Reopening Plan
How will Gilcrease assure my safety when visiting the museum?
Gilcrease will follow cleaning protocols in accordance with CDC standards that will include:
- Ongoing sanitization of the museum with emphasis on high touch areas throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at the front entrance and throughout the galleries.
- Complimentary face masks will be available for visitors at the admission desk.
- Kravis Discovery Center, the Creative Learning Studio and Kids Site will necessarily remain closed. All galleries are open.
Gilcrease staff and volunteers will:
- Take temperature upon arrival at work.
Maintain social distancing and abide by all other CDC hygiene requirements.
- Wear face masks.
- Follow travel restrictions as called for by CDC and federal government.
- Take temperature upon arrival at work.
Visitors will need to:
- Wear face masks.*
- Schedule visits on-line for a specific date and time and arrive on time for your visit.
- Maintain social distancing while on the museum grounds and in the building.
- Refrain from visiting if experiencing fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms.
- Be patient and abide by six-foot social distancing practices.
- Leave any prohibited items (including large bags, food, drinks etc.) in their vehicle or at home.
*Face masks for all adults and children six years and older are required (complimentary masks are available at the admission desk). If a visitor cannot wear a mask due to health reasons, they may wear a face shield.
How do I arrange my visit?
- Remember Gilcrease Members receive FREE admission. Click here to join. Call Rachel Johnson at 918-596-2780 with any membership questions.
- Timed tickets will be issued for members and public to visit the galleries. BEFORE arriving at the museum, you may reserve or purchase your ticket(s) online.
- Print your ticket(s) from home or download to a smart phone. Admission staff will scan tickets upon entry.
What are the new hours?
Gilcrease will modify its hours in this first phase of reopening to: Wednesday 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., Thursday noon – 8 p.m. and Friday through Sunday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Do I have to purchase admission to visit the Gilcrease Gardens?
No. Admission is not required to visit the Gilcrease Gardens. The grounds are open to the public for free daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Will the Museum Store be open?
Yes. Museum store will be open. Visitors can also shop a limited number of items online with curbside pickup at the main entrance.
Will the Restaurant at Gilcrease be open?
The Restaurant at Gilcrease will remain closed. The gardens are a beautiful backdrop anytime during the year for a picnic. Bring a blanket or use one of the picnic tables located on the grounds.
What about my favorite Gilcrease programs?
Until we can resume gathering in groups larger than ten, all regularly scheduled programs including Funday Sunday, Gilcrease After Hours and Summer Camps are cancelled. Until then, we look forward to staying connected and hosting you virtually through a number of creative online alternatives including Gilcrease To Go, Facebook Live, and more.
Gilcrease Museum is reopening on a modified basis to members only beginning July 22, then to the public on July 29.
After months of planning, Gilcrease Museum leadership has effectively formulated a Safe Start reopening plan that prioritizes the wellbeing of visitors, volunteers and staff.
Gilcrease Museum will reopen to the public with updated cleaning protocols, including ongoing sanitation of the museum, and policies in place to meet CDC guidelines. All proposed plans and policies for reopening will be subject to change as the museum continues to monitor new information and recommendations from the CDC and city health officials.
As we look forward to our reopening, it is important to note the guidelines in place for both visitors and staff to ensure a safe museum experience. All Gilcrease Museum staff and visitors will be required to wear face masks and maintain social distancing. Complimentary face masks will be available to visitors at the admissions desk.
In addition, timed ticketing will limit the number of guests within the museum to help maintain a safe environment. All guests, including Gilcrease Members, are required to reserve tickets online in advance of visiting the museum. Gilcrease Members receive free admission. Not a member? Join today!
The museum will be open with modified hours of operation on Wednesday 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., Thursday noon – 8 p.m. and Friday through Sunday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Gilcrease Museum’s 460 acres of grounds, including 23 acres of themed gardens and Stuart Park, remain free and open daily, in keeping with social distancing requirements. The Restaurant at Gilcrease remains closed.
As you plan your visit, please review our visitor policies and frequently asked questions below and reserve your tickets online.
We thank you for your continued support, understanding of the challenges ahead, and patience as we move forward together. We look forward to welcoming you back to Gilcrease Museum!