Gilcrease Museum Safe Start Reopening Plan
How will Gilcrease assure my safety when visiting the museum?
Updated according to CDC Guidelines as of June 2, 2021.
Gilcrease will follow cleaning protocols in accordance with CDC standards that will include:
- Ongoing sanitization of the museum with emphasis on high touch areas throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at the front entrance and throughout the galleries.
- Complimentary face masks will be available for visitors at the admission desk.
- Kravis Discovery Center, the Creative Learning Studio and Kids Site will necessarily remain closed.
Gilcrease staff and volunteers will:
- Maintain social distancing and abide by all other CDC hygiene requirements.
- Follow travel restrictions as called for by CDC and federal government.
- Follow CDC mask guidelines for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
Visitors will need to:
- Adhere to CDC guidelines for mask wearing. Gilcrease Museum no longer requires masks for vaccinated individuals. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated should adhere to CDC guidelines and continue to wear a mask. Complimentary masks are available at the admission desk.
- Schedule visits on-line for a specific date and time and arrive on time for your visit.
- Maintain social distancing while on the museum grounds and in the building.
- Refrain from visiting the museum if experiencing fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms.
- Be patient and abide by six-foot social distancing practices.
- Leave any prohibited items (including large bags, food, drinks etc.) in their vehicle or at home.
How do I arrange my visit?
- Remember Gilcrease Members receive FREE admission. Click here to join. Call Rachel Johnson at 918-596-2780 with any membership questions.
- Timed tickets will be issued for members and public to visit the galleries. BEFORE arriving at the museum, you may reserve or purchase your ticket(s) online.
- Print your ticket(s) from home or download to a smart phone. Admission staff will scan tickets upon entry.
What are the Museum’s new hours?
Gilcrease will modify its hours in this first phase of reopening to: Wednesday 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., Thursday noon – 8 p.m. and Friday through Sunday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Do I have to purchase admission to visit the Gilcrease Gardens?
No. Admission is not required to visit the Gilcrease Gardens. The grounds are open to the public for free daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Will the Museum Store be open?
Yes. Museum store will be open. Visitors can also shop a limited number of items online with curbside pickup at the main entrance.
Will the Restaurant at Gilcrease be open?
The Restaurant at Gilcrease will remain closed. The gardens are a beautiful backdrop anytime during the year for a picnic. Bring a blanket or use one of the picnic tables located on the grounds.
Will Music on the Porch continue through June?
Yes, Music on the Porch will continue every Thursday evening through June 24 from 6 pm – 8pm. Visit gilcrease.org/events for details and tickets.
We look forward to staying connected with you through a number of creative alternatives throughout the rest of the year. You can learn more at gilcrease.org/events.
Will Gilcrease offer summer camps in 2021?
Though there will not be a Gilcrease Summer Camp this year, Gilcrease education staff will be teaching and contributing to student learning experiences throughout the community, including hands-on learning experiences through Tulsa Public Schools and The Opportunity Project’s Ready, Set, Summer at McClure Elementary and Whitman Elementary, Super Summer at Tisdale Fine Arts Academy, and YMCA’s Summer Go at Eugene Field Elementary. Gilcrease is also providing family art kits in partnership with Tulsa City-County Library branches throughout the summer.