Gilcrease Museum Announces Safe Start
Gilcrease Museum is pleased to announce plans to reopen the museum on a modified basis to members only beginning July 22, then to the public on July 29. After months of planning and careful monitoring of the ongoing pandemic, Gilcrease Museum leadership has effectively formulated a Safe Start reopening plan that prioritizes the wellbeing of both visitors and staff.
Gilcrease Museum will reopen to the public with updated cleaning protocols, including ongoing sanitation of the museum, and policies in place to meet CDC guidelines. All plans and policies for re-opening will be subject to change as the museum continues to monitor new information and recommendations from the CDC and city health officials.
As we look forward to our reopening, it is important to note the guidelines in place for both visitors and staff to ensure a safe museum experience. All Gilcrease Museum staff and visitors will be required to wear facemasks and maintain social distancing. Complimentary face masks will be available to ticketholders at the admissions desk.
In addition, timed ticketing will limit the number of guests to 50 visitors per hour in order to help maintain a safe environment. All guests, including Gilcrease Members, are required to reserve tickets online in advance of visiting the museum. Gilcrease Members receive free admission. Not a member? Join today!
Updated museum protocols will also include ongoing sanitization of the museum throughout the day and modified hours of operation. The museum will be open on Wednesday 11 – 4 p.m., Thursday noon – 8 p.m. and Friday through Sunday, 11 – 4 p.m. Gilcrease Museum’s 460 acres of grounds, including 23 acres of themed gardens and Stuart Park, remain open to visitors for free daily, in keeping with social distancing requirements.
We thank you for your continued support, understanding of the challenges ahead, and patience as we move forward together. We look forward to welcoming you back to Gilcrease Museum!
How will Gilcrease assure my safety when visiting the museum?
Gilcrease will follow cleaning protocols in accordance with CDC standards that will include:
- On-going sanitization of the museum with emphasis on high touch areas throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at the front entrance and throughout the galleries.
- Face masks will be available for free at the admission desk with purchase of admission.
- Kravis Discovery Center and Kids Site will necessarily remain closed. The galleries are open.
Gilcrease staff and volunteers will:
- Take temperature upon arrival at work.
Maintain social distancing and abide by all other CDC hygiene requirements.
- Wear face masks.
- Follow travel restrictions as called for by CDC and federal government.
- Take temperature upon arrival at work.
Visitors are expected to:
- Schedule visits on-line for a specific date and time and arrive on time for your visit.
- Maintain social distancing while on the museum grounds and in the building.
- Refrain from visiting if experiencing fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms.
- Be patient and abide by the posted gallery limits for visitors.
Masks for visitors are required (available at entrance with the purchase of an admission ticket).
What are your new hours?
Gilcrease will modify its hours in this first phase of reopening to: Wednesday 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., Thursday noon – 8 p.m. and Friday through Sunday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
How do I arrange my visit?
- Remember Gilcrease Members receive FREE admission. Click here to join. Call Rachel Johnson at 918-596-2780 with any membership questions.
- Timed tickets will be issued for members and public to visit the galleries. BEFORE arriving at the museum, you may reserve or purchase your ticket(s) online.
- Print your ticket(s) from home or download to a smart phone. Admission staff will scan tickets upon entry.
Do I have to purchase admission to visit the Gilcrease Gardens?
Admission is not required to visit the Gilcrease Gardens. The grounds are open to the public for free daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Will the Museum Store be open?
Museum store will be open. Visitors can also shop a limited number of items online with curbside pickup at the main entrance.
Will the Restaurant at Gilcrease be open?
The Restaurant at Gilcrease will remain closed. The gardens are a beautiful backdrop anytime during the year for a picnic. Bring a blanket or use one of the picnic tables located on the grounds.
Will the Helmerich Center for American Research be open?
The Helmerich Center for American Research will remain closed to in-person research. In the meantime, visit the Collections Online.
What about my favorite Gilcrease programs?
Until we can resume gathering in groups larger than ten, all regularly scheduled programs including Funday Sunday, Gilcrease After Hours and Summer Camps are cancelled. Until then, we look forward to staying connected and hosting you virtually through a number of creative online alternatives including Gilcrease To Go, Facebook Live, and more.